You’ve built, tested, and deployed your enterprise applications on your provider’s cloud platform and all the bells and whistles are perfected. Then, your provider increases its prices. Or maybe, the level of service isn’t what you had expected. You want to change providers, but your investment has locked you in and frankly, now you’re stuck. Fearing this scenario, many IT architects shy away from platform as a service (PaaS)–in spite of all its productivity benefits for developers. But, it doesn’t have to play out this way.
Leveraging open-source, open-standard solutions, developers can enjoy all the advantages of PaaS, while IT admins keep their data centers under their own control. The questions then become:
How does an IT architect maintain that balance?
How do you move into the cloud without the development team learning an entirely new language or adopting new middleware?
How does an IT architect streamline application development workflows and accelerate IT service delivery?
For answers to these and other related questions, join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Red Hat for “Platform as a service: gaining computing power without losing control,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 10 a.m. PT.
Questions we’ll answer
- How can PaaS accelerate application development and improve administrative workflow?
- Why are organizations demanding flexibility in where and how they make use of PaaS?
- What are the potential pitfalls of PaaS and how can IT architects and developers avoid them?
- How can organizations maintain the flexibility to either deploy solutions on-premise or use a hosted service without rewriting their software?
Who Should Attend
- IT / Application architects
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendor