Traditional DBAs are seeing their database vendors rush into the NoSQL market, underscoring the hot trend in enterprise IT of using big data to drive businesses in new ways. Over the past decade, relational databases have relied on “scale up” architectures (buying bigger, more powerful machines) to handle increased workloads. However, the demands of big data are introducing problems that relational databases simply were not designed to handle, no matter how big the machine. Instead, enterprises are turning to “scale out” (distributing the workload across many machines) NoSQL solutions, which has resulted in Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM all getting into the big data game.
What would drive these industry giants to react so quickly and introduce solutions that could take a bite out of their multi-billion dollar database products? What incentive do they have to work on new and alternative approaches? And what does all this mean to the role of the DBA? How should they adapt to a world where much of the future appears focused on NoSQL and not the relational database? This webinar will examine what the tech giants are doing in the NoSQL market, where startups are leading the charge, and how enterprising DBAs can take advantage of this new technology to advance their careers.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor DataStax for “NoSQL 2012: Validation, Growth And Impact on The DBA”, a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 1 PM, PST.
What Will Be Discussed
- NoSQL readiness for the enterprise. What is on the horizon for NoSQL?
- Case studies of companies that are utilizing big data and NoSQL technology in the business world
- Biggest challenges of incorporating big data and NoSQL into complex IT environments
- How to understand whether your enterprise is ready for NoSQL
Who Should Attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors