Plummeting RAM prices and the massive throughput requirements of big data make in-memory databases incredibly attractive. Processing enormous data sets in a fraction of the time it normally takes sounds like a dream come true, but in-memory technology is relatively untested, and some of the more extreme examples – such as SAP HANA – are a complete paradigm shift from traditional RDBMS products.
With technology so new, a complete rip-and-replace is reckless, but so is waiting for your competition to beat you to the punch. This webinar will evaluate adoption and migration strategies that will allow businesses to take advantage of the speed and scale of in-memory computing without risking everything by going all-in. Join Gigaom Research, special guest SAP, and our sponsor Attunity for “In-memory databases here and now: How to migrate and what to expect,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key topics of discussion
- What are the various flavors of in-memory databases, and how do they differ from traditional DBMS products?
- What kinds of initial and long-term performance gains can in-memory adopters expect, and how can they benchmark those gains?
- Which workloads are the best candidates for migration to in-memory?
- How can businesses ensure the safety of their data during a transition to new platforms?
Who should attend
- CIOs and CFOs
- Data scientists
- Application developers
- System and network administrators
- IT decision-makers