There are those who believe that cloud computing means we can avoid traditional best practices. They think they can avoid a solid foundation in architecture planning. As cloud systems are created, we find that nothing is further from the truth.
Lessons learned from the use of SOA and other architectural best practices are beneficial when applied to the construction of cloud-based systems. Applications developed using PaaS and other cloud-based tools should be designed in keeping with principles such as request-driven programmatic access, loose coupling of components, and stateless instances.
In this GigaOM webinar, leading experts on architecture and development provide their guidance, best practices, and approaches to leverage public and private cloud computing technology. The experts will dive into understanding core requirements, understanding the business case, working with constraints, and the systemic application of governance and security.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Red Hat for “From SOA to PaaS: How to create enterprise architectures in the cloud,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.
Also please join us for part 5/5 in the webinar series, “Flexibility with PaaS: How to Keep Your Options Open”
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The traditional paths to PaaS/cloud architecture, such as SOA
- Best practices for writing applications for clouds
- Using PaaS to standardize development workflows
- Why it’s important to support multiple languages across a variety of platforms
- How to dial into the capabilities of PaaS for your architecture
Who should attend
- IT / Application architects
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendor