Technology lays the groundwork for change, but making that technology approachable creates a revolution. The GUI – not the PC – brought computing to the masses, and the browser – not the modem – brought them online. Likewise, analytics will only reach its true potential when it becomes transparent enough to integrate into users’ daily decision-making processes without substantial overhead or training.
Machine learning has poised the industry on the brink of a breakthrough in analytics. Enterprises now have the tools to help knowledge workers automate large portions of their data analysis. By allowing machines to identify pertinent information, workers can spend more time wrapping insight around that data. But where does this model break, and how far is too far?
This webinar will feature a comparison of the benefits and limitations of current analytics tools, identify key trends in analytics and consumption, and outline key operational concerns regarding analytics and decision support.
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor BeyondCore for “Advanced Analytics for All,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1 p.m. PT.
What will be discussed
- What is the difference between analytics and data visualization?
- What types of analytics tools are businesses currently using, and what are their benefits and shortcomings?
- How should businesses choose which types of analysis to automate?
- What is the role of the data scientist in a world of user-provisioned discovery and analytics?
- How can businesses most efficiently deliver business impact through analytics
- How can businesses create a continuum between automated discovery and more in-depth manual analysis?
- What is the value of automated analytics vs. predictive analytics vs. manual analytics?
Who should attend
- Business users
- Data Scientists