Gigaom respects the intellectual property rights of others. You can notify Gigaom of possible copyright infringement, and Gigaom will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide the following:
- A physical or an electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Website reasonably sufficient to permit Gigaom to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you, made under penalty of perjury, are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Contact the agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)(the “Designated Agent”). The contact information for the Designated Agent is listed below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE PENALTIES MAY INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED BY A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
If the Gigaom user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user’s address is located, or if the user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Gigaom is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Gigaom may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Gigaom may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Gigaom’s discretion.
Please contact Gigaom’s Designated Agent at the following address:
ATTN: Copyright Designated Agent
217 Second St., 4th Floor
San Francisco CA 94105