Frank is an award-winning technology journalist and IT industry analyst, with extensive experience as a business consultant, editor, author, and blogger. Frank works with both technology startups and established technology ventures, helping them to build channel programs, launch products, validate product quality, create marketing materials, author case studies, eBooks and white papers.
Frank has more than 30 Years of experience in the enterprise technology field. Frank began working with enterprise technology while still in high school and developed code for IBM 370 series mainframes, as well as the emergent IBM Personal Computer and Commodore PET.
Frank has served in a variety of notable IT management and editorial roles and has extensive experience creating content, conducting research, managing teams, deploying enterprise technologies and launching new publications. Frank has written thousands of IT centric articles and has consulted on hundreds of technology projects, as well as performing in the following roles:
- Executive Editor, Technology Editor and Contributing Editor for Ziff Davis Enterprise’s eWeek, and associated publications, including Baseline, CIOupdate, and Enterprise Networking Planet
- Founding Editor, Editorial Director and Test Center Director for Channel Insider, a Ziff Davis Enterprise Web site devoted to the IT reseller channel
- Technology Editor, CMP Channel Group (VarBusiness, CRN, CRN Tech, Xchange, and IPED)
- Founding Editor and Editorial Director for CRN Tech
- Director CRN Test Center
- Senior Technology Editor, CRN
- IT Security Operations Manager, US Department of Energy’s Counter Intelligence Office
- President, Magnum Consulting, an IT Consultancy specializing in Networking Technologies and Custom Application Development
Frank has published books, participated in numerous webinars, and has spoken around the world at IT conferences. Frank has also been interviewed on national radio and television for insights on security technologies, data center design, Big Data analytics and enterprise systems management.
Frank is a frequent contributor to industry leading publications, including eWeek, Enterprise Security Planet, Enterprise Networking Planet, CIO.COM, Desktop Engineering Magazine, TechRepublic, Contently, SkyWord and several other publications.