Who We Are
GigaOm is the leading research firm helping businesses make decisions guided by tactical, practical and technical research. At GigaOm, we are committed to the concept of technical wisdom, learned through hard-won experience. Technical wisdom is what enables strategic IT decision makers to explore, scope, and grasp the critical and complex technical challenges and decisions facing them every day. Our goal is to deliver more and better research into the hands of a broad and diverse audience, and to support, promote, and accelerate innovation. Let’s start moving!
About our Analysts…
GigaOm’s global network of independent research analysts are visionaries and influential figures in the world of enterprise technologies, trends, and tools. Our analysts come from diverse backgrounds including senior technical executives, practitioners, architects, journalists and traditional technical researchers. Our analysts bring their skills and experience to bear and can work independently or as part of a research team with project management, writers and other contributing analysts.
As a GigaOm Analyst you are a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas:
- AI, ML & Analytics
- Cloud & Infrastructure
- Data Infrastructure & Storage
- DevOps & Applications
- Edge & Networking
- Security & Risk
- Work & Collaboration
You Should Be…
- Future-Focused. You have your eye on the horizon looking for early stage trends, break-through innovation and transformative technology.
- Pragmatic. You want to solve the problems of today to make room for tomorrow’s challenges. You look for the practical application of technology to achieve business goals.
- Data-Driven. You challenge the vendors you work with to provide real world data to back their product claims. You can roll up your sleeves to work with engineers and develop technical benchmarks or evaluate total cost of ownership for solutions.
- A Clear Communicator. You know how to distill complex ideas into high level concepts to foster understanding across stakeholders from different parts of an organization. You understand that listening is often the most important part of a conversation.
- Deeply committed to knowledge and understanding.
You Should Have… (some of these)
- Confidence that your years of work experience, academic achievements and/or unique technical accomplishments support your position as a leader and trusted advisor in your subject matter area(s).
- Experience conducting research and turning data into informative and defensible reports
- Online research – searching the vendor’s websites, along with any relevant blogs or other sources of information on these specific products.
- Asynchronous communication – email representatives, partners, and clients of the vendors to ask them direct questions.
- Live briefings – scheduled live briefings from the vendors analyst relations teams and executives, as well as clients of the vendors.
- Led teams to deploy and manage IT infrastructure in a Fortune 1000 company.
- Led extensive evaluations of vendor solutions in your area(s) of expertise.
- Advised C-Suite executives on technology planning and strategy.
How GigaOm Values Its People
Wisdom at GigaOm extends beyond the mechanics of assessing and deploying business solutions. At GigaOm, we embrace wisdom in all its forms: technical, financial, organizational, intellectual, emotional. We believe that organizations and people that commit fully to developing self-awareness and respect for others do best: They work more efficiently, forge stronger relationships, and make better decisions.
GigaOm pays competitive salaries and upholds the principles of pay equity.
We are a 100% remote workforce that is purposeful about respecting workers personal time, time zones and family commitments.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at GigaOm
GigaOm is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. GigaOm is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, pay equity and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title as your subject line.