Location: Remote, United States
Who We Are
GigaOm is the leading research firm helping businesses make decisions guided by tactical, practical, and technical research. At GigaOm, we are committed to the concept of technical wisdom, learned through hard-won experience. Technical wisdom is what enables strategic IT decision makers to explore, scope, and grasp the critical and complex technical challenges and decisions facing them every day.
Wisdom at GigaOm extends beyond the mechanics of assessing and deploying business solutions. At GigaOm, we embrace wisdom in all its forms: technical, financial, organizational, intellectual, and emotional. We believe that organizations and people that commit fully to developing self-awareness do best: They work more efficiently, forge stronger relationships, and make better decisions.
Getting more research in the hands of a broader, more diverse audience promotes and accelerates innovation. Let’s start moving!
Here’s What You Need to Know
The Project Manager is responsible for performing a wide range of activities related to the project management for GigaOm’s Products as defined below:
- Syndicated Reports
- Custom Reports
- NEW Products as determined by the organization
The Project Manager will have ownership and accountability for ensuring the products deliver value to our customers on or ahead of schedule. Tactically, the Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of Syndicated and/or Custom Reports. The candidate must have the ability to lead technical teams and provide leadership in resolving technical issues.
- EXECUTE projects on time, on budget, and within scope. This PMO is accountable for the project management functions within GigaOm and responsible for providing resources, communicating, scheduling, mitigating risk and issues, and managing budgets
- DRIVE the successful execution and delivery of Syndicated and Custom Reports in accordance with business needs and requirements
- PARTNER with PMO Director, Category Leads, Analysts, and other Leaders to deliver reporting solutions that meet our customers’ needs
- MANAGE the backlog for the Syndicated and Custom Reports, including but not limited to the scope / requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities, determining and conveying impact on budget, time, and risks using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions
- DELIVER quality standards and oversees the execution/development of Syndicated and Custom Report deliverables
- DIRECT resources across various project to ensure effectiveness – AND – exhibit sound conflict resolution skills
- COMMUNICATE consistent and timely communication proactively across the organization
- DEMONSTRATE ATTENTION TO DETAIL ensuring deliverables meet the timelines communicated from the business
- ANTICIPATE AND ESCALATE risk and issues in a timely manner and create proper mitigation plans
- MAINTAIN A FOCUSED AND COLLABORATIVE EFFORT to ensure fiscal responsibility and management of expenses and capital on all projects
- 5-10 or more years of project management experience with a proven record of successfully delivering projects; experience working on and managing technical solutions, or similar projects or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the Agile/Waterfall and Scrum Methodology
- Demonstrated success in a customer-facing role requiring a high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment, and an aptitude for improving customer satisfaction
- Demonstrable flexibility and the ability to execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, risk management, prioritization, decision making, and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence, and experience in communication facilitation
- Ability to drive meetings, document minutes and actions of meetings mapped back to requirements traceability matrix
- A natural self-starter, with strong team building, conflict resolution, and collaboration skills
- Maintaining reliable and predictable attendance with experience managing a high volume of activity in a fast paced, growing organization
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels – English speaking and writing
- Can work independently, multi-task, and prioritize, including task prioritization in a high-volume environment
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Customer service and detail-oriented – patience and empathy are imperative
- Proficient in Google Suites (Slides, Docs, Sheets), MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word) and Smartsheet
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Willingness and ability to learn other technology platforms that compliment and support the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical fields, or equivalent
- Additional specialized training preferred
- PMP Certified (plus not required)
Salary Range: $80k-$125k
How GigaOm Values Its People
GigaOm pays competitive salaries and upholds the principles of pay equity. We are a remote workforce that is purposeful about respecting workers’ personal time, time zones, and family commitments. We offer health benefits to full time employees. Contract and full time options to meet your goals and lifestyle.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at GigaOm
GigaOm is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. GigaOm is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, pay equity, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Candidates must be legal to work in the United States.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title as your subject line.