Paul Sweeting is an Analyst for Gigaom Research, and the founder of Concurrent Media Strategies, a Washington, D.C.–based consulting and editorial services firm specializing in digital media technology and policy issues. In 2007 he developed and launched Content Agenda, a website owned by Reed Business Information, the publisher of Daily Variety, Broadcasting & Cable, Video Business, Publishers Weekly, and other media-related properties. He left RBI in 2009 and launched the Media Wonk blog, which examined the impact of digital technology on the way cultural products are created, communicated, and perceived, both in commercial terms and as a cultural and political phenomenon. In 2010 he launched Concurrent Media Strategies and the Current Media website, which incorporated the Media Wonk blog.
- Customer Targeting: Beyond Demographics and “Likes”
- Outlook: Media and consumer tech in 2015
- Preparing for TV’s mobile-first future
- FCC moving closer to Title II?
- As linear TV viewing falls, NBC tries some pixie dust
- The mis-measure of Netflix
- Regulating peering