Andrew has held developer, CTO, analyst, research director and market strategist positions at organizations ranging from the City of New York and Cap Gemini to Gigaom and Datameer. He has worked with small, medium and Fortune 1000 clients in numerous industries and with software companies ranging from small ISVs to large clients like Microsoft. Andrew’s resulting understanding of technology, and the way customers use it, makes his market and product analyses relevant, credible and empathetic.
Andrew has tracked the Big Data and Analytics industry since its inception, as Gigaom’s Research Director and ZDNet’s lead blogger for Big Data and Analytics. Andrew co-chairs Visual Studio Live!, one of the nation’s longest running developer conferences. As a longtime technical author and speaker in the database field, Andrew understands today’s market in the context of its longtime Enterprise underpinnings.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Data & Analytics
- Data Analytics
- Data APIs
- Data Catalog
- Data Lake
- Data Management
- Data Virtualization
- Data Warehouse
- Machine Learning
- Multi Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
- Streaming Data
- Unstructured Data Management
- ELT: An Evolution of the ETL Paradigm, Designed for the Cloud
- Extract, Load, Transform?
- Solution-Oriented BI: Closing the Transactional Loop
- From ETL to ELT: A New Architectural Order
- Key Criteria for Evaluating Data Pipeline Platforms
- Cloud Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Data Prep: Making Them All Work Together
- Key Criteria For Evaluating Data Catalogs