Take the Robot Overlord Test
Will AI take over the world? • Will robots take all the jobs? • Will machines become conscious?
As much as these sound like technical questions, they aren’t really. They are philosophical ones. That’s why there are such wide disagreements on these questions. It isn’t because different people know different things, rather it is because different people believe different things about reality.
Answer 16 yes/no questions to analyze your perspective on these three topics.
1. Nothing happens in your body that can't be explained by physics.
Question 1 of 16
2. In the great cosmic sense of things, there is no such thing as "right" and "wrong."
Question 2 of 16
3. Humans are machines.
Question 3 of 16
4. You have a soul.
Question 4 of 16
5. Humans are different than animals in a profound way. We are not just higher animals.
Question 5 of 16
6. The laws of physics can or will explain everything that happens in the universe.
Question 6 of 16
7. The idea of a living machine is a contradiction in terms.
Question 7 of 16
8. You have free will.
Question 8 of 16
9. There are many things that humans can do that a machine will never be able to.
Question 9 of 16
10. No matter how sophisticated a computer gets, there is really "no one home," no self that experiences the world.
Question 10 of 16
11. In spite of all of the technology we have created, there are very few humans who are literally unemployable.
Question 11 of 16
12. If a computer ever says, "I love you," then it is a lie, because there is no "I" and a machine cannot love.
Question 12 of 16
13. Consciousness may not be explainable with the laws of physics as we know them.
Question 13 of 16
14. We can never "run out of jobs" because human ingenuity just makes more.
Question 14 of 16
15. There is nothing "special" about life. It is just a self-sustaining electrochemical process.
Question 15 of 16
16. Your brain is basically a "meat computer."
Question 16 of 16
Your answers suggest:
Robot's won't take all the jobs.
You are divided about robots taking all the jobs.
Robots will take all the jobs.
AI may be impossible.
You are divided on whether AI may be possible.
AI is possible and super intelligence as well.
Computers can't become conscious.
You are divided on whether computers can become conscious.
Computers will become conscious.
Share this quiz with others:
Let us know who you are?
Don't worry we won't email you more than a couple times a year and we never share or sell your info ever.