In less than a month, Gigaom’s experience design conference, Roadmap 2014, kicks off at the SF Jazz Center in the Hayes Valley neighborhood of San Francisco. Om Malik and I are co-chairs of the event and we’ve spent the year recruiting the brightest minds in technology design to come together for two days — November 18 and 19 — of creative thinking around product experience design.
We’ll be bringing you talks and discussions with design vets and up-and-coming creative folk. Some speaker highlights:
- A conversation with Nest CEO Tony Fadell. Since his interview at Roadmap 2013 he sold his company to Google for $3.2 billion.
- Telling stories from data from billions of tweets, from Twitter’s first data editor Simon Rogers.
- Designing your inspiration from independent designer Elle Luna, who has worked on products like Mailbox and the Uber app.
- An interview with fuseproject founder Yves Behar on building a relationship between users and devices.
- Google’s VP of design, Android, Matias Duarte, in conversation with Wired’s Cliff Kuang, talking about Google’s new design language.
- The difference between aesthetics and design from Adobe’s VP of product, Jeff Veen.
- A conversation with the Academy Award–nominated production designer of the film Her, KK Barrett.
- Medium CEO Evan Williams talking about using design for narrative and storytelling.
- John Maeda, Kleiner Perkin’s Design Partner, and former President of RISD, will return to talk about why Silicon Valley needs designers.
- Top designers from Uber, Pinterest, Facebook, Netflix, Google, Fitbit, HERE, Storehouse, About.me, Ford, frog, Samsung, Microsoft and more.
In addition to two days of awesome content, we’ve also got a kick-off event on the night of November 17, featuring a conversation with designer Gadi Amit, and an afterparty in Hayes Valley on November 18. All I can say about that is KITT vs KARR!
It’s going to be a great time. Roadmap will sell out so make sure to get your tickets soon, come hang out with Om and me and be inspired.