From JP Morgan Chase (which employs more coders than Google) to a start-up customizing salesforce.com for sales, we are all software developers. Regardless of business, the move to software development brings a new set of rules, and a new urgency to bring products to market faster, more efficiently, and with higher quality.
Traditional development organizations have embraced methodologies such as DevOps and Continuous Delivery, but other business units in their company have not. For businesses new to software development, fear of the rapid pace of change these methodologies bring can cause paralysis, and ultimately, lost opportunities.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of DevOps and other rapid, iterative methodologies?
- What are the cultural implications of migrating to DevOps?
- How should companies sync their business practices with new methodologies to take full advantage of them?
- What are the organizational and technical components necessary for efficient, automated DevOps?
- How have leading businesses outside of software development firms made the move to DevOps and what can we learn from them?
- Cormac Foster, Research Director, Gigaom Research
- Rich Morrow founder / head geek, quicloud LLC
- Ryan Shriver Director of Technology, SingleStone
- David Cramer VP Product Management, CA Technologies
Register here to join Gigaom Research and CA Technologies for “The Agile Enterprise: Building a DevOps Culture and Infrastructure” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, September 4, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.