The most effective organizations have the identity infrastructure in place to generate a single, unified view of their customer for better consumer engagement. However, as more applications, devices, and things come online and interact on the customer’s behalf, this picture gets more complex. To keep pace with the constant change, it is essential that organizations have the right identity administration tools in place to easily identity-enable any service online.
Traditional Identity and Access Management (IAM) have been designed to secure and extend services to employees on company premises. But businesses today require customer-centric Identity solutions that can extend resources to customers who can access assets from anywhere, anytime, in many new contexts. Customer-facing identity needs to scale from thousands to millions of users, compounded by the oncoming flood of non-traditional connected devices, from wearables to cars to appliances and more.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- Why is identity essential to enabling a single, unified view of the customer, and why is this view important?
- How are enterprises and customer-focused businesses currently managing identity, and what trends are stressing existing identity solutions in the enterprise today?
- What are the benefits of a more flexible, customer-focused identity solution? What new products and services can businesses create and what value and efficiencies can they gain
- What are the requirements for a secure, flexible identity system capable of scaling to meet the intense and varied demands of new applications?
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Salvatore D’Agostino CEO, IDmachines LLC
- Logan Kleier Chief Information and Privacy Security Officer, City of Portland
- Eve Maler VP Innovation and Emerging Technology, ForgeRock
Register here to join Gigaom Research and ForgeRock for “Customer-Facing Identity Management: Securing and Monetizing Customer Relationships at Scale,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, August 27, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.