We at Gigaom have been covering the commercial rise of machine learning for years, and activity in the space has now reached a fevered pitch. So rather than just write about it, we decided to bring the space to our readers in real life with a meetup featuring some of the top minds in the space, experts in fields such as artificial intelligence and deep learning.
Here are the confirmed speakers:
- Oren Etzioni (Allen Institute for AI)
- Andrew Ng (Baidu, Coursera, Stanford)
- John Platt (Microsoft Research)
- Johan Schalkwyk (Google)
- Jeremy Howard (Enlitic)
- Adam Gibson (Skymind)
- Bobby Jaros (Yahoo Labs)
- Benjamin Recht (UC Berkeley / AMPLab)
- Pete Warden (Google / Jetpac)
Here are the logistical details:
- Date: Sept. 17, 2014
- Time: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Location: Tagged headquarters (848 Battery St., San Francisco, CA 94111)
There will be two-plus hours of great content, as well as time for cocktails, networking and audience Q&A. Attendance is free, but space is limited to about 200 people, so register here soon if you want to attend.