Testing has long taken a backseat to development and release deadlines, often viewed as the last gateway before payday. Cloud-based infrastructure has led many managers to believe that scaling just happens, and load testing is no longer essential. Devops and agile methodologies were designed to increase product quality, but in many cases, their rapid release cycles and lack of change management structure have actually hampered proper quality assurance — particularly in regression and UX testing.
Time to market is more essential than ever, and continuous release cycles have put the days of “throwing a build over the wall” behind us, but product quality is every bit as important as release speed, and businesses must consider both.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- How have modern methodologies and tools changed the relationship between development and quality assurance?
- What are the benefits of integrating testing and monitoring throughout the development life cycle?
- How can businesses benchmark and quantify the effectiveness of testing efforts?
- How are performance-sensitive industries such as gaming and financial services approaching testing, and what can we learn from them?
- How should businesses approach organizational, operational and technical change necessary to incorporate testing into their SDLC?
- Cormac Foster, research director, Gigaom Research
- Ryan Shriver, director of technology, SingleStone
- Keith Miller, technical director, Activision
- Mark Gilbert, VP, Professional Services, Apica
Register here to join Gigaom Research and Apica for “Integrated testing: balancing speed and quality in application development,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, July 31, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.