Hadoop has graduated from open-source curiosity to de facto industry standard. And when standards emerge, so do lots of tools and companion projects that build on them. Companies looking to explore the benefits of big data analytics should therefore demand a full suite of essential Hadoop capabilities in functional areas that include: data management, data access, data governance and integration, security, and operations.
But downloading and integrating each such component in a do-it-yourself manner won’t cut it. Instead, you’ll want a full Hadoop distribution that will provide many, if not all, of these tools in a pre-configured, compatibility-tested, ready-to-install package that includes comprehensive administration and management functionality.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What are the cost considerations associated with building a big data analytics platform?
- Components and technologies to look for when selecting a Hadoop distro
- Training, support and services for enterprise Hadoop environments
- Integration with your existing applications and systems
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself approaches to architecting Hadoop platforms
- Andrew Brust, research director, Gigaom Research
- Lynn Langit, founder and consultant, Lynn Langit
- Mike Kavis, VP and principal architect, Cloud Technology Partners
- Jim Walker, director, Product Marketing, Hortonworks
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Hortonworks for “Picking your Hadoop distribution: an ecosystem in a box,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, July 17, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.