Data from sensors, be they physical or virtual, is big, fast and always-on. Not so long ago, such data in motion was monitored for unusual readings and then discarded. Now it’s analyzed in real-time and it’s all saved for even deeper analysis afterward.
Maybe you’ve heard of the internet of things, and maybe you’re skeptical. But this isn’t just about thermostats and personal pedometers. It’s also about fleet optimization, asset utilization, supply-chain visibility, sentiment analysis and risk and fraud prevention.
Analysis of streaming sensor data focuses on determining not just the what and why but also what’s next. By combining sensor data with historical and other data, even deeper insights can be extracted, equipment breakdowns averted, money saved and efficiencies gained.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What constitutes a sensor?
- Sensor data in consumer versus industrial contexts
- How sensor data helps manage optimization, risk and safety
- Is sensor analytics’ value in hardware or software?
- William McKnight, founder and president, McKnight Consulting Group
- Dave Ohara, founder, GreenM3
- Jon Collins, founder, Inter Orbis
- Jim Haughwout, chief technology architect, Building the IoT, Savi
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Savi Technology for “Making sense of sensor data,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, June 25, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.