In a previous blog about BYOIT challenges, we talked about how employees are bringing their own devices and applications to work and tapping into the cloud, bypassing the IT organization entirely.
Often, they do so with little knowledge or regard for how their actions put the company at risk by increasing exposure to security threats that could lead to major business disruptions or, worse, data theft.
To limit risks without limiting the productivity benefits the BYOIT trend can bring, IT must rethink its approach to mobile security.
In “Embrace BYOIT without sacrificing security and control,” Michael Singer, the AVP of mobile, cloud and access management security for AT&T, will join Cormac Foster from Gigaom Research to discuss new strategies and solutions that can help organizations learn how to:
- Provide tools that enable mobile workers versus blocking them
- Adopt a new model for extending security beyond the perimeter
- Protect both enterprise data and employee privacy on the same device
- Leverage the cloud for security advantages
- Speed development of mobile applications that differentiate your business
As part of this live, interactive event, you will hear how AT&T is managing its own BYOIT requirements to create its own highly collaborative, mobile workspaces.