From the Federal Reserve to Target to Heartbleed, recent security breaches have proven that existing systems are inadequate. Today’s threats are persistent, adaptable and attack across multiple vectors, rendering firewall- and IPS-based perimeter systems nearly obsolete. They are also much more targeted and better funded than threats of the past, dramatically increasing the likelihood of infiltration.
Given the failings of traditional perimeter security, many companies have focused solely on mitigation, using analytics to identify and contain problems before they cause harm. Others have focused on filtering malware and other infiltration points to stop attacks before they start. Neither approach is working.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What does the modern security threat look like, and how has it evolved?
- Where do existing security systems fail?
- How can businesses gain full visibility into complex, multistage threats that span multiple attack vectors?
- How should businesses balance prevention and response?
- Keren Elazari, cybersecurity industry analyst, Keren Elazari
- Matt Sarrel, executive director, Sarrel Group
- Steve Hunt, industry analyst, Security Dreamer
- Kurt Bertone, chief security strategist, Fidelis
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions for “The modern perimeter and more: countering advanced security threats,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, May 20, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.