With dramatically higher throughput and lower latency, flash-based SSDs offer an obvious performance boost over traditional storage solutions. Still, flash storage commands a premium, and many businesses struggle to justify investments in new storage technology when existing solutions are performing adequately.
Implemented properly, flash storage can not only enhance existing applications but also create entirely new ones. To take advantage of these improvements and build an implementation plan that offers the best return on their investment, businesses must understand the use cases best suited to flash technology and budget accordingly.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- What are the functional advantages and operational efficiencies of flash-based SSDs?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of hybrid approaches?
- Can lower latency and higher IOPS enable entirely new products and services?
- How can businesses determine what level of performance improvement is worth the cost and disruption of an upgrade?
- What are the staffing and operational concerns of managing flash-based and hybrid storage?
- How can businesses avoid vendor lock-in and take advantage of continually dropping flash prices?
- Barb Goldworm, president and chief analyst, FOCUS
- Mike Karp, VP and principal analyst, Ptak, Noel & Associates
- Marc Staimer, president and chief dragon slayer, Dragon Slayer Consulting
- Andrew Warfield, CTO and co-founder, Coho Data
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Coho Data for “Flash storage: when, why and how to get there,” a free analyst roundtable hosted Thursday, May 1, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.