Mobility has shattered traditional perimeter security. To enable mobile workers, businesses have moved their data to the cloud and exposed it. To keep that data safe, IT must create an entirely new security paradigm — one that looks beyond simply securing devices and applications to securing the data itself, at rest and in transit. In the midst of this change, compliance is a dangerous bogeyman. No enterprise wants to breach its industry’s compliance standards, yet budget constraints and performance demands create real limits on the available security measures.
No industry is more strictly regulated than health care, so it provides an excellent lens through which to examine the state of data security and compliance and evaluate the future of other industries.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What is the impact of failing to meet compliance standards such as HIPAA and PCI?
- How are security leaders currently addressing these security challenges, and where will those strategies break in the future?
- How should businesses balance cost and security?
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Matt Sarrel, executive director, Sarrel Group
- Nuvan Dassanaike,
- Mark Weil, founder and CTO, CloudMine
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor CloudMine for “Mobile data security and compliance: lessons from health care,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, April 17, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.