As applications move to a SaaS deployment model, the scale of deployments increases, often by orders of magnitude. At the same time, competitive pressures call for the use of continuous deployment and the integration of development and operations functions to bring the frequency of application updates from months to days or even hours. Monitoring solutions that were sufficient for on-premise applications do not meet the needs of webscale applications in terms of robustness, scalability, elasticity and flexibility for dealing with custom metrics.
To understand and respond to problems, enterprises must work toward an integrated monitoring and alerting system that can ingest data from a variety of sources and understand the normal range of behaviors for different applications and deployment modes to reduce the signal-to-noise ratio and make operations staff more productive.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- How do SaaS-based applications change the game for established monitoring tools and practices?
- How can operations minimize alert fatigue?
- What are the components of an integrated monitoring system?
- What are the potential benefits and costs of building an integrated system?
- Should operations extend or replace existing tools?
- How do new tools and procedures affect operations staffing?
- How should businesses approach vendors and service providers?
Our speakers include:
- Cormac Foster, research director, Gigaom Research
- Rich Morrow, founder and head geek, quicloud
- Bernd Harzog, CEO, APM Experts
- Joseph Ruscio, CTO, Librato
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Librato for “Monitoring and metrics for webscale applications.” This live webinar will be hosted Thursday, April 3, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.