10 gigabit Ethernet has been around since the early 2000s, but adoption has not been as widespread as many expected. Many organizations don’t think they need the bandwidth, costs have been high, and parts haven’t been available for broad deployment of 10 GigE. But with lower costs for adapters and switches, increasing network consolidation to reduce complexity, applications such as virtualization and big data optimized to take advantage of greater bandwidth and more powerful servers, deployment is increasing and the market is poised to accelerate in 2014.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Historical context for 10 GBase-T
- Dispelling the myths
- Advantages and limitations
- Other options
- Beyond 10GigE: What’s next?
Our speakers include:
- Greg Ferro, analyst, Gigaom Research
- Tom Kovanic, Solutions marketing manager, Panduit
- J Metz, Sr., product manager, Cisco
- Carl Hansen, product manager, Intel
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Intel for “A guide to 10GBASE-T for infrastructure pros,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.