Hadoop made it possible to capture information in a cost-effective manner from cars, planes, wind turbines, social media, business and IT systems, and any other kind of data source. This was a huge breakthrough, but it turns out that performing analysis on the data stored in Hadoop can deliver stale facts and trailing guidance. For certain use cases, such as real-time network usage for telecom providers, security surveillance systems or fraud detection for credit card companies, there is a requirement for real-time data analysis as the information streams over the wire.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- The technology advances that led to streaming analytics
- Use cases for streaming analytics and the rise of timely operational intelligence (telecoms, cybersecurity, telematics, transportation, IoT)
- Building the business case
- Future trends
- Paul Miller, founder, The Cloud of Data
- Robert Benefield, CTO, Evolve Beyond
- Ben Kepes, director, Diversity Analysis
- Chris Haddad, VP of Platform Evangelism, WSO2
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor WSO2 for “No time like the present: the case for streaming analytics,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.