It has been a few days since the news of $45 billion merger of Comcast & Time Warner Cable emerged. A lot has been said about the deal that astounds most of us. I have my own opinions — which I shared on Leo Laporte’s Twit.tv show yesterday. Here are some of the more recent articles from around the web, that should help you keep up to speed on the biggest cable merger of all time.
- [updated] We need real competition, not a cable-Internet monopoly. [The New Yorker/John Cassidy]
- A season finale for America’s long-running cable drama. [The Economist]
- Stealthily, Comcast fortifies its arsenal [David Carr]
- Barons of Broadband. [Paul Krugman]
- Not quite an exit interview with TWC CEO Rob Marcus. [Multichannel News]
- Comcast has “no need” for Time Warner Execs. [Page Six]
- Merging cable giants is an “affront to public interest”. [The Nation/John Nichols]