Pulling off a successful VDI implementation is no mean feat. Most fail the first time around, often because the storage on the back end is not designed to handle the load when thousands of users log in. Unacceptable user performance and cost overruns will cause virtual desktop infrastructure projects to grind to a halt, with users demanding their old laptops back.
Taking a thoughtful approach to implementing VDI; considering performance at every layer of the infrastructure, especially storage; and being able to diagnose performance issues quickly is crucial to a VDI rollout.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- What are the right and wrong reasons to do VDI projects?
- What are the reasons VDI projects fail?
- What considerations should I be mindful of as I scale VDI into production?
- What are some real-life stories illustrating how to successfully deploy VDI?
- How should I think about managing my VDI implementation over the long term?
- Jo Maitland, research director, Gigaom Research
- Barb Goldworm, president and chief analyst, FOCUS
- Jim Bagley, senior analyst, SSG-NOW
- Rob Commins, VP, Marketing, Tegile
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Tegile Systems for “Fixing a VDI implementation that’s hit a wall,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. PT.