I have tried to find some interesting reads that are anchored in contemporary life and its trends. Hope you enjoy them.
- Why we need nomads: Vanessa Runs, who is a ultra runner and a nomad, writes why the world needs nomads, especially now more than ever. I have known a few people like her in my life and am almost envious of their ability to live so freely. Bonus link: a letter by author Charles Bukowski on leaving the convention behind. It is brilliant.
- The books we’ve lost: Charles Simic laments the loss of the used book store. Ah Kindle, look what you are doing.
- How Government regulations created the Time Warner-CBS Blackout: Reason magazine’s Jerry Brito argues the case.
- Music discovery is broken and how to fix it: I was nodding my head when reading this piece by Tyler Hayes.
- Behind the Southern Road Trip: Cathy Horyn of the New York Times blogs about a visit to a manufacturing facility in Bristol, Tennessee. It is pretty amazing read and gives a lot more reality to the the “Made in America’ movement.
- How Carl June found a key to fighting cancer: It is about hope and discovery — two of my favorite things in the world. Great work Jason Fagone.
- I want to make love to you like in the movies. Enough said.