The European Commission unveiled its “pro cloud” strategy a year ago, hoping to reignite the stagnant economy through innovation. The commissioner proclaimed boldly that the cloud must “happen not to Europe, but with Europe.” And rightly so. A year later, GigaOM Research analysts in Europe take a look at who the emerging cloud players are in the region and their edge over U.S. providers. We dig into the issues for cloud buyers in Europe and the untapped opportunities for providers.
Our panel will address these topics:
- What are the inhibitors to the adoption of the cloud in Europe?
- Are there trends and opportunities within specific countries (U.K., Germany, peripheral EU countries?)
- Which European providers show promise and why?
- What are the untapped opportunities for the cloud in Europe?
- What are the predictions for the future of the cloud in Europe?
Register here and join GigaOM Research for “The future of the cloud in Europe,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at 8 a.m. PT.