Google(s goog) has two Chrome events planned but no indication of what might be announced. On this week’s show we speculate the possibilities and share what we’d like to see come from the pair of presentations.
Chrome continues to evolve, now gaining support for NFC, or Near Field Communications, functionality. We also try to answer the most common Chrome OS question of all: “Is now a good time to buy a Chromebook?” Our answer may surprise you.
Meanwhile, Chris gets some Google goodness on his iPhone(s aapl), now that the improved voice search has arrived in the Chrome browser. And don’t forget our extension of the week: This one is perfect for those who don’t have a Google Voice number — and for some that do.
Hosts: Chris Albrecht and Kevin C. Tofel
- What is Google planning to announce at the Chrome Mobile and Mobile Chromespecial events?
- Chrome is getting NFC support
- Is now a good time to buy a Chromebook? YES! (and maybe no)
- iPhones get a nice voice search upgrade in the Chrome browser
- Yay! Netflix is working on Chromebooks in developer mode
- Extension of the week: Mighty Text
- Help us help you with our short survey here. Thanks!
Got questions, tips or tricks for an upcoming GigaOM Chrome Show? Find Kevin on Google+, Twitter (@kevinctofel) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)