While the goals of your business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DC) plans haven’t changed much, the tools available to support them have. On-premise storage has become cheaper and more manageable, while cloud-based solutions are faster, more secure and more reliable than ever before. From tape to disk to cloud to the software and appliances that ties them together, the BC/DR landscape is evolving at an unprecedented pace. Understanding the new value propositions of each type of tool will help businesses revamp their BC/DR infrastructure to build a more responsive, cost-effective, future-proof system and avoid costly surprises.
In this webinar, our panel will address these questions:
- What tools and technologies are leading-edge businesses using for BC/DR, and how are they using them?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of tape, disk, cloud and other BC/DR technologies?
- What does the future look like for BC/DR technologies?
- What balance of on-site and cloud-based technologies is appropriate for a modern, cost-effective BC/DR strategy?
Our speakers include:
- Cormac Foster, research director, GigaOM Research
- Logan Kleier, GigaOM Research analyst and information security officer, City of Portland
- George Crump, GigaOM Research analyst and chief steward, Storage Switzerland
- Justin Moore, CEO, Axcient
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Axcient for “Future-proofing business continuity and disaster recovery,” a free analyst webinar on June 6, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. PT.