What a week! Google I/O 2013 kept us busy and then last night it was Yahoo and Tumblr trying to get it on. I am just surprised I even had time to breathe, forget reading. But somehow I managed and here are seven gems I can recommend for your reading pleasure.
- If he ran your hometown basketball team, you loved him. If your team was on the other side, then you had no time for Phil Jackson. And even though he has bowed out of the game, basketball won’t leave him alone. The New York Times Magazine tries to answer why.
- The legend of Malacrianza, Costa Rica’s Killer Bull. What a great read by Ashley Harrell and Lindsay Fendt.
- Depositor’s haircut: James Meek goes to Cyprus and finds out what went wrong. Probably the best thing I read this week.
- Inside Indian generic drugmaker, Ranbaxy: Fortune investigates and finds some nasty stuff. And much of it not legal.
- BitCoin’s winner’s curse and the auction theory about bubbles, Vitaly Gordon, a data scientist with LinkedIn writes.
- Jockeying for position: How boxers and briefs got into men’s pants. Please don’t tell me you don’t want to read this piece.
- Will you pay higher price for ethical clothing? I know I will, and I will actually buy less if I have to in order to do the right thing.