Platform diversity and the rush to deliver new features are increasing the pressure on testing and development, but many enterprises lack the infrastructure to respond. Provisioning bottlenecks and limited on-premise assets create a resource crunch for development and QA. In turn, application quality and timelines can suffer, and developers often build “shadow IT” dev-test environments outside of company-approved resources. By moving dev-test off-site, businesses can embrace the efficiencies of the public cloud to deploy scalable development environments quickly, decrease time-to-market and remove IT roadblocks.
In this webinar, our panel will address and answer these questions:
- What are the current bottlenecks with application development, testing and deployment?
- Have “shadow IT” dev-test efforts complicated the development process, and what can we learn from them?
- What are the security and cost considerations of cloud-based dev-test?
- How does a cloud-based dev-test integrate with popular development methodologies and tools?
- Which types of applications are the best candidates for a cloud-based dev-test?
- How should you choose a dev-test cloud partner?
Register here to oin GigaOM Research and our sponsor HP for “Reclaiming dev-test: using the public cloud to accelerate deployment and increase agility,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.