Here are some of the key data points coming out of Google’s 2013 I/O keynote:
- Android device activations: Google has activated 900 million Android devices. The announcement comes just two months after Android hit another milestone: In March, Google chairman Eric Schmidt said that the mobile operating system had surpassed 750 million activated devices, with more than 250 million activations in the six preceding months alone. At last year’s I/O, Google announced 400 million activated devices.
- Google Play: now clocks more than 2.5 billion installs every month. Altogether, Google Play has seen 48 billion app downloads since it launched as the Android Market in late 2008.
- Google Cloud Messaging: 60 percent of top on apps in Google Play today are using Google Cloud Messaging, and they’re pushing 17 billion messages per day.
- Google Chrome: 750 million active users of Chrome.
- Google Maps: 1 million websites are using Google Maps integrated into their sites.