In just a few short years, Google I/O (s goog) has evolved into one of the must-attend-or-watch events on the technology calendar. Thousands of developers are expected to take part in the 2013 edition, which kicks off Wednesday morning at Moscone West in San Francisco, and we’ll be bringing you coverage of the show all week, including live coverage of Wednesday’s keynote address featuring top Google executives and likely to feature news about Android, Chrome, YouTube, and Google’s suite of enterprise-oriented cloud computing services.
While it might not feature anything as crazy as last year’s Google Glass-streamed skydive over downtown San Francisco, if you love (or love to hate) Google’s world, here’s what you can expect this week. We’ll update this post as new stories are posted.
- The GigaOM Show: Google I/O themes and takeways that affect you
- The future, according to Google
- Some of the best articles you need to read about Google I/O
- A sneak peek at YouTube’s future as it rolls out new channel design for everyone
- Redbox Instant is coming to Google TV soon, Roku up next
- So Google Compute Engine is out, your move Amazon
- Google, NASA quantum computing project could bring stronger machine learning to the masses
- SMS integration coming to Google Hangouts. Will Google Voice follow?
- Google CEO Larry Page: Do as I say, not as I do
- How Google Music wants to take on Spotify, Rdio and Rhapsody
- Google jumpstarts Glass development with apps form Twitter, Facebook and Evernote
- What do good shoes, Google+ and Facebook have in common?
- How Google cleverly improved Android without releasing Android 4.3 at Google I/O
- The road less traveled: How Google does Streetview for the world’s oceans
- Why Google thinks the GPU is the engine for the web of the future
- Live blog: Google I/O 2013 showcases Android, Chrome, YouTube and more
- Google I/O statshot: 900 million Android devices activated
- Google Apps set for a communication upgrade with deeper Google+ integration
- Google officially launches its music subscription service at Google I/O
- Google turns up location data usage on Android apps
- What Google was thinking when redesigning the new Google+
- Prepaid gives Google a huge Android boost (and Apple has noticed)
- Eight years later, Google reinvents its Maps for a data rich web
- Coming to a school near you: Google launches Android app store for education
- How Google is setting the new search standard with voice and knowledge graph
- Google TV will receive Android 4.2.2 update as well as latest version of Chrome
- And, bam! Here’s Google Compute Engine
- Google’s growing cloud just got a NoSQL database
- Here’s the real theme of Google I/O: Service unification between Chrome and Android
- Why the snap of a photo changed my mind about Google Glass
- Google gains appeal for cloud services, but there’s this company called Amazon