Edge-based intrusion prevention and security information and event management (SIEM) are failing to meet the demands of faster and more sophisticated threats, and a new generation of analytic tools have evolved to meet those challenges. These tools have the power to reshape the security dynamic, but they may require you to rethink your infrastructure, staffing and policies.
Where can human analysis and augmentation provide the greatest benefit? How should businesses recruit and train security staff to best handle the new realities? Or should you outsource to an MSSP?
For a discussion about these and other questions related to security analysis, join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Click Security for “The data-driven security analyst,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.
Our experts will address these questions:
- Security analytics: truly proactive or just faster forensics?
- The benefits and limitations of automation
- The new security toolkit
- The new security analyst: policeman or investigator?
- How to hire for or cultivate the new security skill set
- Cormac Foster, research director, GigaOM Research
- Salvatore D’Agostino, CEO, IDmachines
- Bob Gourley, editor, CTOvision.com
- Brian Smith, CTO and founder, Click Security
Register here to claim your spot in this May 14 webinar.