This week’s Chrome(s goog) podcast kicks off with news that Google is testing Chrome OS on Intel’s(s intc) fourth-generation chips, which aren’t due out until June. That opens the possibility for more high-end Chromebooks that will have much better battery life. Chris shares his experiences with Chrome OS so far and we answer a few listener questions including one about rolling back to prior software versions.
We have three tips for Chrome OS users while this week’s showcase extension is for the Chrome browser on Windows(s msft) and Mac(s aapl) computers. Plus: more about that Skype version for the web you might have heard about.
Hosts: Chris Albrecht and Kevin C. Tofel
- Shout out to the Reddit Chrome OS community: http://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos
- Chrome OS code points to Intel’s Haswell chips
- Skype for web arrives, but only through Outlook.com for now
- ‘n00b’ Chris shares his new Chromebook experiences
- Does anyone want a Chrome tablet? How might it work?
- A pair of handy Chrome OS flags: Immersive mode and contact integration
- Question from Max: How do I revert back to an older version of Chrome OS?
- Extension of the week: Chrome Office Viewer
- Pixel owners: looking for a case or sleeve? Try the Apple Store!
Got questions, tips or tricks for an upcoming GigaOM Chrome Show? Find Kevin on Google+, Twitter (@kevinctofel) or via e-mail (email@example.com)