There are those who believe that cloud computing means we can avoid traditional best practices. They think they can avoid a solid foundation in architecture planning. As cloud systems are created, we find that nothing is further from the truth.
Lessons learned from the use of SOA and other architectural best practices are beneficial when applied to the construction of cloud-based systems. Applications developed using PaaS and other cloud-based tools should be designed in keeping with principles such as request-driven programmatic access, loose coupling of components, and stateless instances.
In this webinar, our panel of experts will discuss:
- The traditional paths to PaaS/cloud architecture, such as SOA
- Best practices for writing applications for clouds
- Using PaaS to standardize development workflows
- Why it’s important to support multiple languages across a variety of platforms
- How to dial into the capabilities of PaaS for your architecture
- David Linthicum, CTO and Founder, Blue Mountain Labs & GigaOM Research analyst
- Mike Kavis, Chief Technologist, Kavis Technology Consulting & GigaOM Research analyst
- Joe McKendrick, President and Principal Analyst, McKendrick & Associates & GigaOM Research analyst
- Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager, Red Hat
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Red Hat for “From SOA to PaaS: How to create enterprise architectures in the cloud,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.