Being able to properly analyze all available data is crucial to companies’ successes today. In the latest GigaOM Research podcast, Jo Maitland and Joseph Turian discuss the positives and negatives of using Hadoop to make this possible.
[protected-iframe id=”b7dd2278c4bd378c206262c7f51b7886-14960843-14405068″ info=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/2284591/height/88/width/300/theme/legacy/direction/no/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/” width=”300″ height=”88″ style=”border: none;” scrolling=”no”]
Host: Jo Maitland
Speaker: Joseph Turian
- Find out the latest buzz on Hadoop, in particular all the noise around SQL on Hadoop and why this is an important trend.
- Learn what companies think about when they consider implementing Hadoop in the context of existing systems like Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Do we think the writing is on the wall for purpose-built, expensive data analytics boxes like Oracle Exadata?
- Is Hadoop yet another silo for IT operations to manage and what are the solutions to this?
- Is analytics on streaming data something we will all be doing at some point?
PREVIOUS GIGAOM PODCAST EPISODES:
Instgram’s Twit-storm, Netflix nabs Disney, GMail’s Pretty iPad App