Being able to properly analyze all available data is crucial to companies’ successes today. In the latest GigaOM Research podcast, Jo Maitland and Joseph Turian discuss the positives and negatives of using Hadoop to make this possible.
Host: Jo Maitland
Speaker: Joseph Turian
- Find out the latest buzz on Hadoop, in particular all the noise around SQL on Hadoop and why this is an important trend.
- Learn what companies think about when they consider implementing Hadoop in the context of existing systems like Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Do we think the writing is on the wall for purpose-built, expensive data analytics boxes like Oracle Exadata?
- Is Hadoop yet another silo for IT operations to manage and what are the solutions to this?
- Is analytics on streaming data something we will all be doing at some point?
PREVIOUS GIGAOM PODCAST EPISODES:
Instgram’s Twit-storm, Netflix nabs Disney, GMail’s Pretty iPad App
RoadMap re-run, our talk with Instagram’s Kevin Systrom
iTunes 11, When Things Connect, Sun Volt
What Aspiring New Media Stars Should Know About Agents and Managers
Holiday Gadget Gift Guide
War Tweets, Google TV and Nexus 4
Director Jay Duplass on low-fi movies through high-tech
Election Dissection, Ditching DSL and Dumping the iPad
Sandy’s Social, Infrastructure Impact and Forstall
Windows 8 Surfaces, and disruption eruption
iPad Mini, iMac gets skinny
Boxee Cloud DVR, Apple Rumors and Chromebook
Commutist interview: Joy of X author Steven Strogatz
Commutist podcast: Patent trolls, Costco ban and Passbook’s home run
Commutist, meet Nerdist, and interview with Chris Hardwick
T-Metro, Broadband Caps, Remembering Steve Jobs
Apple’s iO-Mess, Dirty Data Centers and Tesla
News from the Mobilize Conference
Paul Tough: How Children Succeed and what you can learn from them
The iPhone 5 Event
Come on, Kindle, Light My 4G Fire