There is an interesting clash of perspectives occurring in the enterprise market between the Hadoop newcomers and the old-school data warehousing providers. The latter are attempting to paint Hadoop into a corner, narrowing its usefulness to a limited set of functionality, while at the other end, the Hadoop providers are expanding the functionality of Hadoop to broaden its applicability and usefulness. In the middle are enterprises that are trying to figure out how Hadoop fits into their existing environment alongside data warehouses and other legacy systems. They are typically conservative and pragmatic and are primarily interested in reducing the cost of their environment while squeezing more value out of their data.
In this webinar, our panel discusses:
- Understanding Hadoop’s role with respect to the data warehouse
- Economic considerations for Hadoop
- Paul Miller, founder, The Cloud of Data
- Richard Winter, president, WinterCorp
- Amy O’Connor, senior director of analytics, Nokia
- Dr. Amr Awadallah, chief technology officer, Cloudera
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Cloudera for “Hadoop vs. EDWs: trends in enterprise adoption.” This free analyst webinar is available on demand.