While power consumption and cooling are concerns for all IT departments, high-performance computing (HPC) demands extraordinary amounts of both commodities. With pending environmental legislation bringing government oversight to the table, finding the right environment for your HPC projects is critical.
Many IT departments are struggling to stay on top of costs and compliance for their traditional architectures, but more proactive businesses like BMW are creating new value opportunities. By leveraging the greater capacity of their green data center environments, they are pushing greater compute loads to the cloud and creating entirely new products.
In this webinar, our panel of experts will discuss:
- How should tech management prioritize its agenda and re-take the lead on advanced company initiatives?
- After CAD and other types of design simulation, what kind of applications will require high-performance computing, and when?
- How should businesses navigate the decision to build or partner?
- Cormac Foster, research director, GigaOM Research
- Dave Ohara, GigaOM Research analyst and founder, GreenM3
- David Linthicum, CTO and founder, Blue Mountain Labs
- Tate Cantrell, CTO, Verne Global
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Verne Global for “Green HPC: how IT mavericks push the envelope with clean computing,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. PT.