With vital business information spread across your company, at different locations, in various databases and data warehouses, and now potentially in big data platforms like Hadoop, there is no easy way to manage all of this infrastructure, let alone get value out of the data that resides in these systems. Instead managers and analysts are faced with new and complex interfaces to data platforms, multiple third-party APIs, high-priced analytic frameworks and silos of point products that each require a small army of tech-savvy data specialists to operate. But there is an alternative to the build-it-yourself big data trend of the past 12 months. Managed big data services are emerging that are easy to consume and provide a much quicker path to value than rolling out your own.
Our panel of experts will discuss these topics and more:
- Drivers for doing big data as a service
- Understanding the ecosystem of big data cloud services and big data managed services
- When does the cloud model make sense for big data?
- Jo Maitland, research director, Cloud, GigaOM Research
- Ron Bodkin, GigaOM Research analyst and founder and CEO, Think Big Analytics
- Jim Kaskade, CEO, Infochimps
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Infochimps for answers to “Selling your big data initiative to your c-suite” a free webinar on Thursday, April 18, 2013, at 10 :00 a.m., PDT.