Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
On Monday, the same day that it announced a strategic partnership with Germany’s Deutsche Telekom, Evernote rolled out a big update for its Android (s GOOG) version, including enhanced photo features, shortcuts and document search for premium users.
Among the new features, outlined in a blog post:
- Multi-shot camera mode “lets you take multiple photos in one sitting, then save them all into the note. If a particular photo didn’t turn out the way you like, then delete it before saving.”
- Page Camera mode is a scanning feature: Take a photo of a document or paper, and “the app will then find the edges of the page, remove any shadows and improve the contrast, so you’ll have the perfect photo in Evernote.”
- Shortcuts: Shortcuts, which let users “quickly jump to notes, notebooks and tags that you access frequently,” were already available on Evernote for Mac and are now on mobile for the first time.
- Enhanced document search for premium users: Search now includes documents, presentations and spreadsheets attached to notes, including “files created in Microsoft Office, iWork and Open Office.” (This feature is available for all versions of Evernote, not just Android.)
- The Android app now works with the Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine, which was introduced for iOS (s AAPL) in August.