There is an interesting contradiction of perspectives occurring in the enterprise market between the Hadoop newcomers and the old-school data-warehousing providers. The latter are attempting to paint Hadoop into a corner, narrowing its usefulness to a limited set of functionality, while at the other end, the Hadoop providers are expanding the functionality of Hadoop to broaden its applicability and usefulness. In the middle are enterprises that are trying to figure out how Hadoop fits into their existing environment alongside data warehouses and other legacy systems. They are typically conservative and pragmatic and are primarily interested in reducing the cost of their environment while squeezing more value out of their data.
In fact, many organizations have found that by using Hadoop to complement their data warehouses, they can improve performance, reduce costs and accelerate new insights.
Our panel of experts will discuss these topics:
- Understanding Hadoop’s role with respect to the data warehouse
- Economic considerations for Hadoop
- How customers can prepare for SDN, given that the technology and marketplace is rapidly evolving
- The key industry standards efforts and how they differ (IETF, ONF, NFV)
Our speakers include:
- Paul Miller, founder, Cloud of Data; analyst, GigaOM Research
- Richard Winter, president, WinterCorp
- Dr. Amr Awadallah, CTO, Cloudera
- Amy O’Connor, senior director of analytics, Nokia
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Cloudera for “Hadoop vs. EDWs: trends in enterprise adoption,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.