Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
GigaOM Research expects the cloud computing market will grow from $70.1 billion in 2012 to $158.8 billion in 2014. With such expansion, cloud service providers must find ways to provide increasingly sustainable performance. At the same time, they must accommodate a growing number of internet users, whose expectations about improved and consistent response times are expanding.
However, service providers cannot boost performance if the corresponding cost also rises. What these providers need is a way to deliver low latency, fast response, and increasing performance while minimizing the cost of the network.
In our next analyst roundtable discussion, our panel of experts will address these questions:
- What are the business decisions driving cloud providers to use InfiniBand?
- What are the options for creating a high-performance cloud infrastructure today?
- How can data travel across a network of compute and storage capacity with minimal latency?
- Why is storage acceleration critical?
- What is causing the rise of the convergent data center?
- Barb Goldworm, president and chief analyst, FOCUS, LLC
- Marc Staimer, president and chief dragon slayer, Dragon Slayer Consulting
- Robert Rizika, CEO, ProfitBricks USA
- Eli Karpilovski, Manager, Cloud Market Development, Mellanox
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Mellanox for “InfiniBand makes headway in the cloud,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.