IT operations managers who have built clouds or begun experimenting with cloud technologies report that it’s had a profound effect on the way they run their IT infrastructure and do their jobs. At a basic level it impacts IT staffing resources and can reduce the number of administrators needed to manage an environment. Implementing a private cloud can also help IT stay abreast of demand, provisioning and deprovisioning resources at will. But instead of racking and stacking services, IT managers running cloud environments spend more time evaluating workloads for their architectural, performance and compliance requirements and mapping those against the available cloud services. For IT managers, learning these new skills is a question of staying on the side of growth as cloud computing becomes the new standard in IT.
In this analyst roundtable discussion, our panel of experts will discuss these topics and more:
- How does a move to cloud impact IT staffing?
- What role does workload automation play and how does it change the role of IT ops?
- What are the security and compliance considerations of a move to the cloud?
Our panel of experts includes:
- Paul Miller, founder, The Cloud of Data
- Jake Sorofman, founding partner, Marketlever
- Jared Wray, CEO, Tier 3
- Billy Cox, director, Cloud Strategy, Intel
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsors Intel and Tier 3 for “IT management decisions in the age of the cloud,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012, at 10 a.m. PDT.