Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Atlantic‘s James Fallows got insider access to a Foxconn facility in Shenzhen, China this week. He posts pictures inside the facilities and some observations about what life is like for the people who build our iPhones, iPads and laptops.
- After losing an appeal, Apple was ordered again to post a public apology to Samsung on its website and in print publications in the U.K. in 14-point type for saying the company’s Galaxy Tab was a rip-off of the iPad. (via Fortune)
- Why would Apple want to buy a (mostly) failed company like Color, as has been reported? AllThingsD says Apple actually acquired just a few Color employees, but not its intellectual property, technology or debt. Those who were brought over to Cupertino will be working on cloud technology.
- Apple’s former head of retail operations said there would be 25 Apple Stores in China by the end of 2012. That’s not going to happen. However, Apple just announced two more stores to open in the country this year, bringing to the total to eight, according to Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Have you seen a flickering on your iPhone 5’s virtual keyboard? AppleInsider tracks the growing number of complaints from users on Apple’s own support forums.