With so many people writing about Apple, finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- Apple retail stores will be using 40 hours per week of staff time to helping to improve Apple Maps data by sending in corrections for their local area, according to MacRumors.
- It may have bypassed NFC tech in the iPhone 5, but is Apple still considering using it in future products? An Australian biometric security firm is said to be in talks with Apple about a joint effort related to secure NFC transactions. (via CNET)
- Quartz distills Apple’s need to make a smaller iPad down to one statistic.
- Oracle announces it is embracing the iPad. The company announced a new iPad app, Oracle Fusion Tap today.
- While Apple stores sell most of the company’s Mac and iPads, it turns out that the company’s third-party retail partners sell more iPhones, AllThingsD reports.