With so many people writing about Apple(s AAPL), finding the best stories and reports isn’t easy. Here’s our daily pick of stories about the company from around the Web that you shouldn’t miss:
- A newly released update fixes a particularly pesky bug in the Verizon (s vzw)(s vod) iPhone 5 that caused the device to use cellular data while on a Wi-Fi connection, according to 9to5Mac.
- Tim Cook apologized for Apple’s faulty Maps app last week. But that’s just the beginning of upgrading the maps’ underlying data. Technology Review looks at the amount of work that goes into developing superior mapping data.
- Apple updates its supplier report to note that fewer workers in its partner manufacturing facilities are working overtime: 97 percent do not work excessive hours. But, as AppleInsider notes, that’s still not completely in compliance, and thousands of employees building iPhones, iPads and more are still working more hours per week than allowed by Chinese law.
- A significant change to iOS 6 is the new App Store layout and search. Techcrunch looks at the biggest changes.
- iOS developer Marco Arment examines why the original iPad — released a little over a year and a half ago — isn’t eligible for the iOS 6 update.